Saturday, May 26, 2012

Spring, the best season for exploring things natural.


Hi everybody. Hope you’re having a lovely and beautiful spring wherever you are. It is right in the middle of Spring in Korea now. Everywhere is full of breathtaking flowers and amazing fresh greens. How much I adore Mother Nature! I just cannot let those beautiful things go away without wowing and taking photos of them. I am a spring person (proudly born in Apr.) and extremely inspired by the season. I like everything spring-y!

Recently I am spending more time outside (especially in the lake park near my atelier. I hope I take you here some time soon. It is an amazing and peaceful park where I go on a picnic with my dear fiancé often.) enjoying the ticklish sunshine on my face. Love the warm and crispy air as well as lots of colorful flowers greeting while we take a walk in the park.  


 Here are small gifts for you. Some of them are from a few weeks ago, and others are from just a few days ago. You might notice I used those lovely flowers as backgrounds for my products (here). They create such a festive and vibrant look, don’t they?






Colorful flowers always grab our attention, but what about greens? Recently, I found this fresh and enticing green field near the train station. I’ve never attracted by green this much. At the beginning I was simply curious of them and as they grew I just fell in love with them. (I try to watch them every day when I ship my packages.) Do you know what they are? They are barley. In Korea, we used to mix barley with our rice. A very healthy and also flavorful way of cooking rice. If you happen to find it at your local market please try it. You will love its subtle and savory taste. Way way better than just plain rice. Next to the barley field, here are some hot ladies saying hello to you. Are they familiar to you? Those are poppies. Oh, I should say it correctly. Those are ‘great poppies’. Matching with fresh green barley, these flowers look absolutely amazing. I must wow their simple beauty.










I get inspired by nature very (very, very, and very) often. I try to create something outdoor and knitting in the park is one of my favorite things. I’ve just finished knitting my potholder (the photos are coming soon.) the other day. I used to love pretty loud colors, but this time I tried something new: A little contrast of color and texture (I used this pattern at Ravelry. Check it out if you’re interested). I chose a soft and pastel color and let the pretty floral pattern show off. I am not completely happy about this though. The texture isn’t showy as I expected. I might try in stronger color later and will see if it makes the pattern look better.)




So, how’s your spring is going so far? I really hope you guys go out and have some fun while the weather is friendly and the air is refreshing. As I always say taking a walk is the most affordable and healthiest medicine you can ever take!! Enjoy yours today!

24 comments:

Fruitful Fusion said...

Oh it's no spring here in Saudi Arabia! It's HOT HOT HOT right now! I love your shots of nature's beauty in Korea and I'm really looking forward to seeing more. Thanks for stopping at my blog and bringing me over to yours!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photography! Spring looks lovely in Korea!

Susan in Michigan said...

The Great Poppies are beautiful! I love your photos - looking forward to seeing more. Over here in Michigan we are busy planting annuals and vegetable gardens.

kristieinbc said...

What beautiful pictures! I am so glad to have found your blog after you left a comment on mine. My daughter is teaching in Korea right now and I am hoping to go visit her this fall. I have been to Korea once before and loved everything about your country! It will be fun to follow the seasons there through your blog. :-)

Shawna said...

Wow! Breathtakingly beautiful. I am inspired to look for the beautiy around me more often. Thank you for sharing!

Anita Bergsengstuen..... said...

You have taken lovely pictures..... Have a grat day..... Here in Norway it is evening ad my son wil go to bed soon...

...Fabricole said...

Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Oh, your barley field looks so much like our wheatfields here in Kansas, in the middle of the USA! (No poppies here, though.) Actually, as I write this, harvest is beginning, so the fields are a shimmering golden color now.

vixencat said...

Your photo's are lovely, here in Holland we have beautiful spring weather at the moment. I am busy with my vegetable garden right now.

villa100 said...

Beautiful season and your photos,too!

Anne Hawn said...

Your photographs are lovely. I live in Florida and while I don't miss winter at all, I miss the feeling I used to get when the first signs of spring begin after a long winter. Nothing is more lovely than the little yellow crocus peaking out of the snow or the first blooms of the forsythia. Your blog reminded me of how much I loved the early signs of spring.

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing

Taina said...

So beautiful flowers and colors - thanks for sharing. In Finland it is spring time and the colors are similar like in Korea. We have had few warm days already, but at the moment its a bit cooler again.

Truly Myrtle said...

wow! What an exotic bunch of photos! It just looks stunning where you are - so colourful!

Nadia said...

Your pictures are stunning!
That's something I have to try, crafting outdoors. I'd probably be a lot less distracted.

Evelyn said...

So nice to see how spring is developing in your part of the world. For us, our spring has moved quickly into summer heat -- not something I'm particularly happy about. Still, it won't stop me from knitting!

RobinBrz said...

Fabulous pictures! I love visiting different parts of the world and seeing things through the eyes of others. Thank you for bringing the beauty of Korea to Massachusetts. Also, your bags are all terrific. Definitely on my wish list!

Windybrook Spinner said...

A delightful blog post with wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing. I just spent the weekend in the mountains and found my favorite flower, sweet pea, everywhere. Spring, even in dessert Utah, is lovely.

Day - NyLA Love said...

Wow, those photos are amazing. Love the photos of the field! My Spring has been pretty busy! Mainly.. preparing for the Fall.. yeah I know, a bit early. I'm going to back to school this Fall so I've been getting all my paperwork done AND knitting/crocheting some Fall pieces for myself. :)

odaline said...

beautiful pictures!!! I like this season, but at this moment, in france, we don't have a real spring... it's like autumn... :( thanks for give me a little of this beautiful season...

Babajeza said...

I just checkt my ravelry page and found you. I like your blog. :-)

Anna - stickande trädgårdsmästare said...

I just checked out you at etsy after you giving me a comment at ravelry. I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE you needlecases, most beautiful I've ever seen. Next time I'm etsy-shopping I'll be sure to get one!

Hazelnutholic said...

Beautiful pictures, and I love the sweater you wear (that is you, isn't it?)....Oh, now I wanted to learn Knitting...

Claire said...

All you made is si beautiful !

It's summer in France but it's raining every day ! So, I'm knitting.
Do you want my pattern "Fleurs de cerisiers" ? It's a pleasure offer it to you. Give me your e-mail address by Ravelry (Pretty Tchouskaïa or Marmotte blanche, its the same, but Pretty Tchouskaïa is my "boutique".)
Sorry for my bad English : I'm French litterature teacher !
I wish you a beautiful day !