Friday, July 20, 2012

Something fun indoor


Hello, everyone. How’s your summer going? Hope you have a fun and enjoyable summer whatever you’re doing. The weather in Korea is getting summer-y now. Rainy almost every day so… the humidity is way high and the temperature is going up little by little. Pretty much not my kind of weather. But, as we all do I have lots of projects to finish and orders to fulfill. Don’t get me wrong. I really enjoy creating things at my little atelier. I won’t trade it with anything. But, I am such a curious girl that my little antennas are always looking for something fun out of my studio. So, the other day I visited this lovely museum in Seoul. There were many posters promoting the exhibition near by. Literally every shop around the area displayed the poster of this exhibition so it was too hard to miss it. The poster was showing one thing: awfully cool-looking chair. I got instantly hooked~ and made a trip to the museum. So here’re posters from the museum’s website. Cool, isn’t it?


A hot and rainy summer day. It is just perfect to enjoy something interesting indoor. This is an exhibition of north-European style chairs by Finn Juhl a famous artist from Denmark. I am sure lots of you are from the Scandinavian area and familiar with those chairs I am going to introduce. Seems like he is a pretty popular designer who also designed the interior of the Trusteeship Council Chamber at the UN headquarters in New York.  


So here are some of photos I am excited to share with you. I did a bit long and tiring trip to the museum and those chairs were looking so inviting. Aww.. it could’ve been amazing if I could rest my little booty on one of those sweet chairs.












Loved all of the chairs displayed. Those are pretty different from Korean styles I am familiar with. As some of you know Koreans used to sit on floors and we didn’t really develop styles of chairs and tables much. Those fun and cool-looking furniture inspired me so much that now I really want to decorate my atelier with some nice things. I will get some cute chairs and then cover them with blankets that I am going to knit some day (hopefully by this fall).  




Finally we arrived at the top floor where we can sit on and take photos with one of famous chairs. The chairs you can sit on switch every month and this month it was the one called ‘easy chair’. Me and my boy friend J did some ‘not-so-easy’ pose (Oh, well. Anyway I tried, but I was a bit nervous if I could break the precious chair.). We were just happy to have a little date in the cool museum as you see through the photo.




It was such a fun day. Museums are exciting and wonderful places to take a vacation from time to time. You will get inspired and recharged by something you rarely pay attention in your daily life. If you’re interested I hope you check out their website, daelim museum. Also, if you’re in Seoul, I recommend you take a trip to the area. There are lots of things to enjoy including the Korean old royal palace and garden called 'GyeongBokGung'. I am sure you will be thrilled by it. I will try to blog about it sometime soon.

Hope you enjoyed my little story. If you have any questions or requests please let me know or leave a message. I will be more than happy to help you. Have a creative and fun summer and see you soon. 

XO, 

Soyun.

3 comments:

Elisabeth Andrée said...

Beautiful pictures, thank you for showing and sharing. I will come back another time to read the whole post. I love it!

Evelyn said...

Chair design is such a fascinating topic and it looks like you learned a lot!

Laurie said...

Beautiful. Would love to have one of the chairs in my home.

It's nice to hear what's happening in other parts of the world. We have a tendency to get caught up in our everyday lives and forget there's a whole world of other (mostly beautiful) things outside our small communities.

Thanks for sharing.