Thursday, April 12, 2012

Returning...

Hi all. I am so excited to have you here. After many years of neglecting blogging and feeling guilty (oh, well), I finally decided to start over sharing my virtual studio and little bit of my crafty journey with my knitter friends (and of course anyone who’d like to know about me and my projects). I’ve spent very ‘unreasonably’ long time on reshaping this blog. Honestly, it took about 2 years (Can you believe that?). I’ve come up with “lots” of ideas and thoughts: from the topics, photos, color schemes to publishing schedules. It was an overwhelming process at the beginning. I seemed to lose my excitement about returning to be a blogger as I realized there is so much work to be done to make this perfect. Did I say ‘perfect’? Perhaps that’s the problem that took me such a long time to restart. Here’s a little yet critical secret I found though. As we all know there’s no such thing as perfect in the world, but there’s always room to improve as we go. When I look back my early days of creating I remember what I created was far from perfect, but anyway I kept moving: Made a bunch of mistakes here and there and started over and over again. Aww... that wasn't so exciting I remember. Then slowly (very very slowly) I’ve been inspired and getting better little by little. 'Finally' I became to feel more comfortable and confident with what I was doing after a few years later. Recently I am a happy bunny satisfied with what I create. I admit I’m still learning, developing and obviously making mistakes from time to time. Not perfect, but I am getting it. :)


So, here I am persuaded by myself that I am going to enjoy writing and sharing anyway from the place where I am now. I understand there’s a long way ahead of me to make this blog great but I also know I will have to start first and then make that happen, right?

Hopefully my blog inspires you somehow and gives you chances to explore the other side of the globe and to have some fun and joy reading behind stories of my creations. I also hope blogging encourages myself to appreciate and adore every moment I have even more. I am sure I will be more perceptive and sensitive about things happening around me and very excited to share them with you guys.



To celebrate reopening of the blog I prepared little gifts for you. Those are my brand new babies. Teeny tiny pyramid-shaped pouches to keep your little treasures, company you when you run your errands, gift someone who adores handmade little things or simply brighten up your craft corner. To enter this giveaway, please leave your comment here. Be creative and have fun. Surprise me with some ideas you have for the blog. Anything you leave will count and I will tremendously appreciate them. Don’t be shy and give me some of your sugar~ The deadline is Apr. 23th and I will announce winners (I will choose four of you) here right after.

Have a creative day and good luck!


28 comments:

Jonathan said...

Congratulations on the restart of your blog! It's lovely and well-written - I subscribed and can't wait for the first updates! Good luck on your new blogging adventures!!

Ellen said...

Yay! Congrats and thanks for inviting your knitty friends. I hope you enjoy it! I really enjoy blogging too it is so nice to share.

The pouches are adorable!

Unknown said...

Hi Soyun,

Ive waited a whilje for your first post. Thankyou for the giveaway, On my blog i love doing EmmaLikes posts, where i list all the fun and pretty things ive found in the week. Things from etsy, knitting patterns, jewellry and stuff.

Im looking forward to your next post

Emma
xx

Jenna Kirkum said...

Yeah! Congratulations on ur return! I too am starting to write again! Good luck in all!

Karine said...

How cute are those! Then again, I've seen your shop so I'm not surprised... now now, must resist temptation to rob a bank and order everything!

I think it'd be neat if you posted about your creative process for some of your favorite pieces, like what inspired you, why match certain colors/textures.

It always amazes me to see how the artist connects the elements to create such a beautiful end product!

Tesha said...

Thank you for leaving those nice, encouriging comments on my knitting at Ravelry! It really means a lot to me.
Congrats on the reopening of your blog, it'll be a pleasure to follow you.
Those pyramid-shaped pouches are just super cute, I'd love to win one of those...

Heidi Price said...

Blogging is hard - it really is! I have started and abandoned blogs so many times I have lost count!

Those pouches are super cute and I would love to read about your sewing and designs.

I follow your blog on Ravelry. (I am heidispins there!)

Barrbear said...

Your words are inspiring, and your creations are exquisite. I look forward to reading more, and I wish you every success in the future.
Margaret (Barrbear) ♥

Evelyn said...

I'm so glad to see you back here on your blog! Your pouches are lovely and I just know that whatever you feel like sharing on your blog will be fun and inspiring. Enjoy!

ooey gooey knits said...

Oh my, your needle cases and little bags are lovely! I look forward to your blog :)

Indigonightowl said...

Thank you for sending me the link to your blog. I love your needle cases and the pouches are lovely. Your work is beautiful! I look forward to reading your blog!

Bilgewater said...

I just came via via your kind comment on Ravelry - what a joy to discover your lovely work!!

Gypsygirl said...

Lovely blog, beautiful pictures of your bags! Best of luck!!!

...Fabricole said...

Ils sont ravissant ces berlingots!
Bye from Zwitzerland!

Amanda said...

I love your designs!

I'd love to see posts on what inspires you.

<3

Anonymous said...

Love your work and glad that you're "back" to blogging - it's just wonderfully seeing gorgeous hand made items of yours! - knittinnow

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back. I'm missed you.
Your new little pyramidal bags are so cute.
Suggestion for the blog? What about a little color for the background rather than white?

Pumpy said...

What a great blog, your bag are really super, the colours and work in them is breath taking, love the little triangle ones as well. I used to be a great knitter but got lazy these days starting up again though. I am looking for knitting or crochet patterns for cloths hangers. Also I thought of a little travelling bad for stationery, strange but would be so cute. I also try and do a bit of blogging but very amateurish but still I love it trying to find something to write there. Love from Pam Knowles aka Pumpy.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from your nice comments that you left me on ravelry, love your blog and your pouches and needle cases, good luck, i wont do a blog myself, takes up too much valuable knitting time! chat soon,
Val S. St Catharines, Ontario, Canada, Rowval on rav

EngineersFalcon said...

Hi! You said such lovely things about the "Girl on Fire" gloves I have on Rav that I couldn't help finding out a little more about you. I am so glad I did - your work is stunning.

I pinned my favorite bags so my hubby and family will know what to get me for Mother's Day.

I am excited to follow your journey - I love it when people are just open and tell their story. I also enjoy when bloggers share their favorite products.

I wish you wonderful success with your creation and your blog!

helena said...

Hi Soyun!

I came here by following your comment to me in Ravelry. And I can see that I got here at the very rigth time. I read throuh your post and it seems that you have the same little inner perfectionist inside like I do. I don't have any special tips for the blog, except that I don't really think that it should be perfect, I think that description of errors and mistakes made during the process are very useful tips for the readers. I am trying to be less perfect these days and give some mercy to myself. One thing, which I try to follow when I update my blog, is that only good, sharp and right coloured pictures are published. Even though it sometimes is not possible... Anyway, I'm glad you have decided to blog, I'll follow you :)

M. said...

Congratulations on your blog! I recently started again too. With my previous blog, I would write up a post, preview, reread, edit, and spend way too much time worrying if it was perfect before letting go. This time around, I force myself to write a post in one sitting and then press publish. It seems more in keeping with the spirit of a blog. Wouldn't we write books instead of blogging if perfection (impossible anyways!) were our goal? Blogging is such a fluid medium - like life itself.

What I would love to see on your blog are instructions on how to start sewing. You make such beautiful things that inspire me to want to create myself, but somehow a small needle and thread are much more daunting and difficult to handle than two solid, trusty knitting needles.

Good luck!

Laura said...

Looking forward to reading more of your blog. Loved hearing about your visit to the yarn shop. I was born in Seoul but left when I was a baby, so I would love to hear more about the knitting world in Korea! And your handmade bags are beautiful!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Congrats!! I love your little pouches. Wish I could get myself to sit & sew... alas, I'm addicted to knitting insteady. But I admire what other people make too. I see you a Ravelry and have been admiring your needle cases. Hope to see you often. Happy knitting.

Courtney Goldin said...

Those pouches are beautiful! What an exciting way to return to your blog! :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

Just missed your giveaway deadline, but it's a beautiful blog. Thanks for telling me about it. I'll pop in often.

Carleta3021 said...

I just missed your deadline too, but I had to leave a comment anyway-thank you so much for the invitation to your blog from your sweet comments on Ravelry-I loved going shopping virtually with you in your local store & was dancing for joy with you-what fun. I will look forward to following your future adventures with joy!

Kianie said...

I too have missed the deadline, but your blog is so interesting and beautifully presented. I have only just seen the link from Ravelry (Sibol), but I will be visiting again. Your trip to the woolshop was such fun.